“Education For All in the Spirit and Atmosphere of Justice, Truth, and Equity in a Democracy”
The vision of Baguio Central University strives for educational excellence and education for all. The four BCU ideals for students are: Liberty, Justice, Truth, and Equity. These guide the University in providing the necessary training and skills for the holistic development of the individual, so they can be productive citizens, contributory to local and national development, in their respective countries and in the International Community.
“To Endeavour for Excellence in Human Development”
Baguio Central University is an institution dedicated to educational excellence in all its programs of study in accordance with all the guidelines, policies and regulations of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
- It aims to nurture the holistic development of the individual instilling Filipino values, strengthening the person’s character and morals, and enhancing intellectual development.
- It is open to all Filipino students who want to learn and achieve primary, secondary, tertiary and graduate levels of education, including highly specialized areas of studies and the delivery of the alternative mode of education like the Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation Program (ETEEAP).
- It aims to provide the necessary education – the training and skills of people to become productive contributors to the Philippines; to their respective countries and the international community.
- To develop inner-directed, well-integrated, mature personalities, characterized by open-mindedness, tolerance and willingness to accept others and work peacefully with them
- To cultivate habits of honest, clear, constructive and critical thinking, the ability to think for ourselves and exercise sound judgment, enhance aesthetic and foster habits of industry, temperature, and devotion to duty.
- To nurture a sound mind and a sound body by cultivating an appreciation for wholesome recreation and the principle of sportsmanship.
- To encourage, by precept and example, the development of courtesy as social graces.
- To provide opportunities and incentives for relevant scholarship and research by using the academic resource of the University for local, national, and international needs
- To cultivate respect for the best, which man has thought, discovered, preserved, and performed. We want to foster an appreciation for music, literature, and other fine arts to meet the needs of an educated person. We want to encourage the talented to develop their gifts and contribute creatively to the enrichments of the arts.
- To give due recognition to the dignity and importance of labor and to offer quality training in all vocations in which theory and craftsmanship complement each other.
- To foster respect for professional integrity, ethics, and good workmanship.
- To assist students in attainment of competency and proficiency in their chosen professions or vocations.
- To instill habits of professional growth and development.
- To encourage dissemination of ideas, observations and findings from research through writing for publications, participations in professional deliberations, resource speakers, consultants or advisers.
- To develop an intelligent and positive nationalism and encourage constructive involvement in nation building.
- To inculcate high regard for democratic progress, consideration for the opinions of the minority, respect for the rights of individuals and commitment to the responsible exercise of freedom.
- To develop informed, responsible, and alert citizens whose active participation in human needs, orientation to service, sensitivity to human needs, and adherence to principle of personal and national discipline.
- To fill the role of “loyal opposition” to fiscalize the activities of those in power and to offer alternatives for improving the social, economic, and political affairs of society, locally, nationally, and internationally.
- We aim to nurture the development of the individual by inculcating Filipino values, which strengthen character, moral and intellectual development
- We aim to open our institution to all students, Filipinos or foreigners, who wish to learn and achieve primary, secondary, tertiary and highest levels of education.
- We aim to provide the necessary training and educational skills for the students to become productive and to be contributors to the Philippines and to the rest of the world.
- The BCU Administration, faculty, and personnel are committed to equipping students with quality higher education by adhering to our specific mission statements.
- Our banner is the seal of Baguio Central University. The eagle, large and powerful, with its strength to soar up high as leading country in Asia.
- Our university colors are gold and maroon. Gold radiates wealth in knowledge, wisdom, and high morals. Maroon stands for regeneration, personal development, and growth.
SIGNIFICANCE OF BAGUIO CENTRAL UNIVERSITY’S OFFICIAL SEAL
- The Seal of Baguio Central University is our banner, dedicated primarily to serving the Philippine Nation.
- The EAGLE, large and powerful, is the core of University’s logo. It symbolizes strength in character, swiftness in the execution of work, and courage in soaring to new heights, encouraging us to fearlessly fly high towards reaching our every goal. The eagle’s keen and sharp sight is an implication of viewing our goals objectively at a higher ground and having a clear vision, focus and direction of the past and the present, while keeping an eye towards the future.
- The scale of justice signifies impartiality among and between individuals as we all have equal standing in the eyes of the law, in the eyes of men and in the eyes of God. An important icon of equity and justice, it upholds human rights to be free from prejudice and favor. It denotes equality and freedom from discrimination.
- The Book of Knowledge is a visual manifestation of wisdom and intellect for the holistic and all-inclusive development that the University imparts toward each and every individual. It signifies competence, expertise and proficiency in different areas of learning and its application all areas of endeavor. The book’s widely open pages represent the immensity of knowledge it offers to its students.
- The Lamp of Learning is a symbol of the scholarly illumination the University sheds upon every individual within its grasp. The fire it beams is a light that guides everyone towards a virtuous and morally upright path. Its radiant glow aims to cast off the darkness of ignorance and uncertainty.
- The Laurel Leaf is a symbol of academic achievement and excellence. The University aims to give all students knowledge, skills and expertise they need to prepare them for the future.
The Latin words that surround the logo are the principal virtues of the University. It is a guiding principle for the attainment of the University’s Vision and Mission.
- ‘Equitas’ is derived from the Latin word ‘equitas,’ meaning equity or equality. This virtue is significant in the university for it upholds the importance and impartiality for all;
- ‘Veritas’ is derived from the name of the Roman goddess of truth. It implies the significance of honesty, between each and every member of the University which is very essential for the development and growth of the society;
- ‘Libertad’ means liberty or freedom. This value does not only imply freedom from oppression and unjust, but also freedom from ignorance. It also denotes independence and infinity in attaining desires and aspirations while being guided with upright morality; and
- ‘Justitia’, which is taken from the name of the Roman goddess of justice. It entails fairness, objectivity and impartiality in decision-making complemented with honest integrity when faced with challenges in life